1mg (10 pills)Generic
Anastrozole is used for:
Treating certain types of breast cancer in women who have been through menopause, including women with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Anastrozole is an aromatase inhibitor. It works by lowering blood estradiol concentrations, which may decrease the size and growth of the tumor.
Do NOT use anastrozole if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in anastrozole
- you have not gone through menopause
- you are pregnant or may become pregnant
- the patient is a man or a child
- you are taking estrogen-containing products (eg, certain birth control pills or hormone replacement therapies) or tamoxifen
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using anastrozole:
Some medical conditions may interact with anastrozole. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of liver problems, osteoporosis (weak or thin bones), heart or blood vessel problems (eg, ischemic heart disease), or high cholesterol or lipid levels
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with anastrozole. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Estrogen-containing products (eg, certain birth control pills or hormone replacement therapies) or tamoxifen because they may decrease anastrozole’s effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if anastrozole may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.